85 lives were changed across Chicago and San Diego this summer as we completed our 2016 summer program. As always, we were so impressed with the courage, dedication and honesty that our participants displayed during this process.
Some highlights from this summer's program included:
- High Ropes Course at both sites
- Visit to the Chicago Botanic Gardens
- Visit to San Diego Safari Animal Park
- Multiple writing workshops to help the participants learn how to express their feelings in words
- Visits to Mosques, Synagogues and Churches
and of course, hours and hours of dialogue sessions that not only addressed the cultural differences but also helped the participants realize they have the power to make a change. Through the power of dialogue, Palestinians, Israelis and Americans partnered to achieve peace, equality, freedom and justice. Hands of Peace believes the future depends on the leadership of the next generation, and that begins during our summer programs, and continues throughout the year with our Alumni activities, leadership programs, and continuing education.