QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTIONS
If you are 70½ or older, you can support Hands of Peace’s mission and lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. A “Qualified Charitable Distribution” from your IRA is one way you can help Hands of Peace’s work and benefit this year on your taxes.
Benefits of a Charitable IRA Distribution (Donors in the United States)
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Hands of Peace
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Empower Israeli, Palestinian and American youth to raise their voices as leaders of change through Hands of Peace
How a charitable IRA distribution works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Hands of Peace. Our Federal Tax ID is 59-3806403.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Hands of Peace to make our important work with youth leaders possible.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction, but they can lower your income tax basis.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.