Hands of Peace is a U.S. based organization that empowers American, Israeli, and Palestinian youth to become agents of change.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for providing direct support to the Development Department, Marketing Department, Executive Director and other staff on development, marketing and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see up close all elements of running a small, growing international non-profit. Applicants will possess excellent communication/interpersonal skills, strong technology skills, strong organization skills, experience in an office environment, and be comfortable working with adult volunteers and teen participants. The Office Administrator will work on-site at our headquarters in Glenview, IL.
Key areas of involvement include but are not limited to:
In support of the Development Department:
- Process contributions into the database, handle deposits, and draft and coordinate donor acknowledgements, including phone calls to donors. Requires exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
- Prepare donation summary reports and spreadsheets for board and staff.
- Research grant opportunities, maintain a yearly grant application plan, organize materials for grant applications and draft grant applications.
In support of the Marketing Department:
- Provide support for special event publicity, registration and payment, onsite logistics, and A/V support, including work after hours and on weekends as events require.
- Maintain WordPress website content including constructing web pages and blog posts.
- Support social media platforms.
Create, modify, and track application, registration, and survey forms (participants, host families, etc.)
- Publish application links for program and job applications to various platforms and track incoming applications.
- Pull and verify accuracy of lists for email and mail campaigns.
- Oversee inventory of marketing materials.
- Assist in creation and formatting for Annual Report
In support of the Executive Director:
- Manage the physical office, including ordering and managing office inventory, cleaning, answering and directing phone calls, processing and sorting mail, and providing general hardware/software support.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and take minutes.
Other duties as assigned.
- 4-Year Degree required.
- Experience working with a variety of programs including DonorPerfect (or similar CRM database) WordPress, Zoom and other communication platforms, and social media required. Photography and video shooting/editing experience preferred.
- Experience working with Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel (including mail merge) required.
- Experience working with Israelis and Palestinians preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter with ability to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Physical requirements include ability to lift 25 pounds and regularly spend hours sitting and working on the computer.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own car for work errands.
Please submit your resume/CV and a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to that email address.
Building bridges of understanding between diverse communities is fundamental to the mission of Hands of Peace. Our staff, participants, and volunteers come from myriad backgrounds and unique perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religious identity, secular identity, gender, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.