Hands of Peace empowers young Israelis, Palestinians, and Americans to raise their voices as leaders of change.
At Hands of Peace, we share these common values:
- We believe the way to create impactful and lasting change in communities is through developing young leaders who are committed to freedom, equality, and justice for all.
- We believe in the same freedoms for all people, including freedom of movement, freedom from fear, freedom from violence and freedom from oppression.
- We believe that people on all sides of conflict deserve self-determination and basic human rights.
- We believe the existing conditions among Israelis and Palestinians are unacceptable and there must be an urgent, non-violent end to occupation that leads to safety and security for all.
- We believe in our common humanity and the sacred value of each human life. We mourn each person lost due to violence and share the pain and suffering of their families.
- We believe the future depends on the leadership of the next generation.
As an interfaith organization, we envision:
- Empowering young people to find their voice and learn how to use it in a non-violent manner for the benefit of their societies.
- Developing peacebuilding and leadership skills among Palestinian, Israeli and American young adults and supporting ongoing leadership development.
- Promoting intercultural exchange and education in our wider communities.
- Affirming human rights for all.
Hands of Peace taught me that it takes a group to change an individual, and an individual to change the world. – Anna, American participant