Hands of Peace San Diego Site Director
Hands of Peace empowers American, Israeli, and Palestinian youth to become agents of change.
The Site Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for Hands of Peace programs, including all aspects of the Summer Program in San Diego. This position will lead outreach and engagement with San Diego area alumni, coordinating alumni programming with the Middle East Regional Managers. The Site Director will also represent Hands of Peace to donors, community members, and media. This position will be located in our office at our headquarters in Encinitas, CA. Due to the nature of this position, vaccination against COVID-19 is required; reasonable accommodation can be made upon request.
Specific Duties Include:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual three-week summer program, including recruitment, pre-program orientation, and program design. In 2022 when we plan to return to in-person programming, these duties will also include recruiting host families, hiring and managing seasonal staff, and coordinating logistics and activities associated with the program.
- Serve as lead on American alumni programming and coordination across delegations. Responsible for direct outreach and engagement with alumni from the San Diego program.
- Lead outreach and relationship management with volunteers and supporters including responsibility for monthly Leadership Council meetings and coordinating with the Community Circle Committee for monthly events.
- In coordination with Regional Managers, develop and implement uni-national and multinational training and workshops that deliver life-stage appropriate skill-building experiences for alumni, including, but not limited to: leadership, negotiation, facilitation, non-violent communication.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date database in DonorPerfect with contact and demographic information on program alumni.
- Facilitate and chaperone the biennial American alumni Multi-Narrative tour to Israel and Palestine.
- Lead the Raising Youth Voices program, including overseeing the work of the Raising Youth Voices Coordinator, recruiting participants and trainers, and forming partnerships with like minded organizations in support of the program.
- Outreach to local community groups, religious institutions, and service clubs to build connections, partnerships and raise awareness about Hands of Peace.
- Assist the Director of Development in planning and executing fundraising events, including the Spring Benefit and Summer Farewell; participate in other development opportunities as assigned.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to execute programming within designated budget parameters.
- Track and manage supplies and other inventory for Summer Program and other in-person events
- Work collaboratively with other staff in Chicago, San Diego, Israel, and Palestine in implementing the duties above.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in cross-cultural, education, peacebuilding, conflict-resolution, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience working with youth/young adults
- 2-4 years of experience creating curricula and content for dialogue, empowerment, and/or education programs; event planning/management
- Public speaking and networking, comfortable with community outreach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with potential education, religious, and civic partners located in North County
- Ability to manage 10-15 seasonal staff from Israel, Palestine, and the U.S., delegate tasks to 100+ volunteers, and train others
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Zoom, database, registration, and email programs, and comfortable learning new technological skills.
- Must pass a background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Physical requirements include ability to lift 25 pounds and regularly spend hours sitting and working on the computer.
- Willing to travel within the United States and Israel and Palestine as required; willing to work flexibly and virtually across time zones.
- Vaccinated Against COVID-19
- Previous experience in the Middle East and/or a demonstrated understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Experience planning and managing virtual education programs
- Fundraising experience
- Knowledge of/proficiency in Arabic and/or Hebrew
- Proficiency in DonorPerfect and Constant Contact
- CPR Certified
Please submit your resume/CV and a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to that email address.
Building bridges of understanding between diverse communities is fundamental to the mission of Hands of Peace. Our staff, participants, and volunteers come from myriad backgrounds and unique perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religious identity, secular identity, gender, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.