OF ISRAEL AND PALESTINE
Imagine floating in the Dead Sea, touring the holy sites, climbing Masada and visiting the Tent of Nations on the West Bank. Those are only some of the extraordinary experiences to be discovered on the Hands of Peace Multi-Narrative Tour of Israel and Palestine.
Accompanied by both Palestinian and Israeli guides throughout the tour, you’ll explore the Holy Land’s rich cultural and religious history, while diving deep into the region’s complex political realities. This approach is a favorite of Hands of Peace supporters and anyone who is interested in the multiple and sometimes conflicting narratives that course throughout the region. Unlike other tours, you’ll connect with Palestinian and Israeli alumni and their families, offering a personal connection to explore shared values and build lasting relationships.
2021 TOUR DATES:
SEPT. 20-30, 2021
JORDAN EXTENSION DATES:
SEPT. 30 – OCT. 5, 2021
Deadline to register: July 7, 2021
2021 GROUP LEADERS
Hands of Peace Executive Director Scott Rasmussen brings his extensive peacebuilding skills and a keen understanding of the region to the Multi-Narrative Tour. Before coming to Hands of Peace, Scott was a diplomat with the U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem where he worked and lived with his family for two years. While he was in Jerusalem, Scott advocated strong relations and continued engagement with youth, even through periods of disruptive political change. Scott managed foreign assistance grants, directed initiatives on Palestinian/Israeli cooperation, and formed public-private partnerships on research and economic development. One of those initiatives was the Hands of Peace/EcoPeace Middle East Project in 2018.
Debby Fosdick hosted her first participant during the 2004 Summer Program in Chicago, Illinois. Since then, she has hosted participants and staff every summer, chaired the Hands of Peace Board of Directors twice, and most recently served as Interim Executive Director. Debby has traveled to the region four times, twice as a participant with the Hands of Peace Multi-Narrative Tour.
- 10 nights’ accommodations
- 2 Full-time MEJDI-trained guides (1 Israeli & 1 Palestinian) for 11 days
- Private bus for 10 days, including 1 group departure transfer to BG Airport
- Meals as listed in program: 10 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Bottled Water available on the bus daily
- All speakers, sites, and entrance fees
- Headsets for personal daily use
- Customary tips to drivers, guides, and hotel staff
- Dedicated customer service representative in USA (inc. flight assistance and recommendation) and Jerusalem (inc. in person rep on site upon arrival)
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International Airfare
- Travel, medical, or cancellation insurance-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Arrival transfer, private departure airport transfers outside of group transfer
- Additional meals, snacks
- Single Supplement
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in included section
- Optional Petra extension